Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Self Portrait in a Box

   

   

Welcome to my self portrait in a box! I decided to make an alligator because as I was moving the box around searching for a way to display it, I stumbled upon this final position. The final product was playful and fun, two things that I feel also depict me.

The context of the alligator's context is as follows:

  • Found image: lost polaroid from a few years ago
  • Me: a photo of me and my baby sister, who makes me very happy
  • Safe person: my middle sister; she's a year younger than me and my best friend
  • I want to live in a clean and sustainable environment
  • Something that scares me is that if we don't start to prioritize our environment it'll become obsolete
  • Inspires me: music, specifically though the SoundCloud app
  • Gives me joy: my camera (Nikon D750)
  • I love to go to music festivals but doesn't really fit my plan (the festival bracelet in teeth)
  • Secret: staying secret
  • If I was a state of water I would definitely be liquid, as represented by the swamp water under the alligator. I am adaptive and ever-changing!
  • and last not least, an alligator is bigger than the literal box itself


No comments:

Post a Comment