Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Self Portrait in a Box


For my self portrait, I picked an oblong box, and I decided to do kind of a mobile for it.

  1. The found image I have is usually taped to a part of my desk. I got it from my mentor at my internship, when we were making a kind of collage. We didn’t really know what to do with the photo so she just kind of gave it to me and I stuck it on my desk.
  2. The picture of myself is from a couple years ago when my brother got his first dog and we were babysitting him a lot, so he would take naps with me sometimes.
  3. My “safe” person is my best friend. Many years ago she took some unflattering photos of herself on my phone when I wasn’t in the room and I still have some of them.
  4. The image I have is from one of the roads I would drive around with my mom around my cabin. I really just like any woodsy areas.
  5. If I were a state of water I would be a lake because there are so many lakes in Minnesota, and I think associate myself with that.
  6. I taped a chunk of a succulent from my room onto my box. Anything with nature inspires me, and it’s really cool to watch plants grow, because it requires a lot of patience and dedication.
  7. My dog’s name is Moose, so I have a lot of moose related souvenirs in my room, like the moose carving that is part of my mobile.
  8. When I was somewhere between the ages of 10-12, I started hiding matches around my room and I found a cluster of matches in my closet from that time period.
  9. The little d20 in the wire cage is part of a necklace I have. I get nervous about playing d&d with my friends because I am the DM, and I always worry about making something that people will enjoy and have fun playing.
  10. The glass rock thing is meant to reference a rock or one of the holds on a rock wall. I really enjoy rock climbing and it is one of my favorite forms of exercise.
  11. The object that is bigger than the box itself is one of my dog’s collars. We got it around Halloween.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment