Monday, April 1, 2019

Temporal Lobe (R) + Memories

Temporal Lobe (Right)

The temporal lobes are associated with processing auditory information and the encoding of memory. The right temporal lobe (or the non-dominant lobe) is involved in learning and remembering non-verbal information, such as visuospatial material and music. It is also specialized to process nonverbal memories such as memories for pictures, visual scenes, familiar faces, routes, and directions. 

I wanted to focus on how the temporal lobe is associated with non-verbal memories (pictures and music) so I decided to do a timelapse of the sky.
I didn’t have an intervalometer, which is basically an automated shutter release, so I had to do the timelapse manually. While I sat there taking a photo every 15 mins, and then every 5 mins, I was listening to music and the music brought up memories. With each song, I can remember where I was, who I was with, and what time of day it was. So I decided to couple the two. I mashed it all together so it kind of looks and sounds like switching through memories. 


Here's the video:
The password is CCT

Flipping Through Memories from Tamar Patterson on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment