Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Self Portrait in a Box

For my self portrait box,  I chose to keep it as casual as possible just because it's easier and I like to consider myself a casual person. I painted the box yellow, because it's one of my favorite colors and it was less boring than white.

The images on the outside are of storefronts. I don't have a specific place I would like to live, but I have a general idea. I'd like to live a couple years somewhere in Europe. A small town on the outskirts of a large city like Barcelona or Florence. I'd love to live somewhere that's rich in history and has adorable, traditional architecture like these cute storefronts. Possibly London or Brighton? We'll see.








If I could be any form of water, I'd be coconut water. BLESS THE COCO GODS!!! Feeling thirsty? Coconut water. Feeling sick? Coconut water. Hungover? Coconut water. Just want something to cure your sadness? COCONUT WATER!

For my found image, I found a cute ass picture of a smiling hedgehog which is shown in the photo below.
 












For an image of myself, I put a painting that my friend did of me in the box since I'm not a photogenic person and I rather be behind the camera than in front of it. The two polaroids are of a long time friend I've known for 15 years and a recent friend I met here at MCAD. I can be my absolute self with them both. The lighter is apart of my secret, sorry can't tell you. I don't do hard drugs, I swear that's not it. The dollar bill is my financial future which is what scares me the most. Not being able to financially handle myself or not have a healthy source of income. Being a first generation and coming from an immigrant family, money was something that was always held over our heads and the American Dream for us was being a financially stable family. Finally, the UNO card is something I LOVE playing and I'm very competitive when it comes to UNO. If I wasn't a designer or had no plan for my future, I would form a National UNO League and battle people and become number one in the world :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment