Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Project #2 Cady's Box Self Portrait


My box was just plain white on the outside then when you open it up you see the "dreamland" type space. I used Tarot Cards to depict the prompt to making the box and and old friendship bracelet to hold them all together by.


What I did in terms of the prompts:
1.  A Found image:
    Tarot Cards, although I did remake them

2.  An image of yourself:
    Not so much an actual picture but its represented in the bracelet

3.  An image of Safe person:   
    My friend made me the bracelet when we went to college

4.  An image of an environment that you’d like to live in:   
    Near the water or in the forest(moon and sun tarot), but I also love the city so conflicting

5. State of Water:
    Mist or a rainstorm, both just make me feel calm: Clouds in box/ moon tarot
6•   Something that inspires you.  
    My dreams, nature, lakes, people: Most of the Tarot/box
7•   Something that gives you joy.
    Nature, riding my bike/exploring, people: most of the tarot

8•   A secret you have.  
    I took this as more of a the bracelet keeps my quirks/interests/hobbies secret until you get to know me in a way

9•  Something that scares / worries you
    Being alone, for extended periods of time/not having many friends: Tarot cards all alone in box, but there are many so then you see that they aren't alone: Hermit, Hangedman, Death

10•  Something you love doing, but doesn’t exactly fit into “your plan”
    Belly dancing: fool tarot

11•  Something “bigger” than the box itself.  
    Everyones dreams and aspirations hopefully: dreamland box

If you want to know more about why I choose certain tarot to depict certain things go check out what those tarots actually mean to gain some insight. https://www.tarot.com/tarot/cards That website should tell you a good general gist of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment