Monday, March 15, 2010

The Orange #2 - Universal Forms


The more I learn about string theory, quantum mechanics, and the logical systems of the universe, the more epiphanic connections I make about the parallels in form between the monumentally large and the infinitesimally small. This piece explores my mounting understanding of the perfect organization of the cosmos and my hope for the future use of science as a scripture for fulfillment.

I chose an orange to echo these elemental, congruent, divisible forms. It glows with primordial fire and the ferocity of a living organ. Its segmented cells mirror both the microscopic and the astronomical. Placing the orange between the iconic symbols of the hands of Adam and God, I aim to paint science as a current and future harbinger of consummate Truth.


1 comment:

  1. you need to send this to some art competitions. it's lovely

    ReplyDelete