Sunday, April 4, 2010

I want to be underwater. ALL OF THE TIME.


The Water Suit


The majority of my dreaming occurs under water. I am not sure why, but this has happened for as long as I can remember. Sometimes I am a shark and others I am simply floating along.
Either way: I find comfort in being surrounded by water. I would like to make a suit that carries water. Essentially, it would work as scuba gear in reverse. It would look a little weird and it might be hard to walk in, but the main purpose it would serve would be to help relieve stress and simulate calmness and relaxation.













(Remind me to show my notebook sketches)

Questions

1. Even though it would look outrageous and would most likely never be worn outside of a household, would you sport one?


2. I’m thinking about controlled heating within the suit, any suggestions on how the whole get up could be wired?

3. I envisioned the suit as being kind of ugly and bulky, but there must be a way to make it somewhat stylish, any thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. http://www.i-sopod.com/?gclid=CKTf8-DZ76ACFRLxDAodPzDrGg

    ever tried this??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I don't think I would. . . I think I would first try to live somewhere or have a lifestyle where I could indulge in swimming and being in the water as often as possible.
    2. Maybe instead of wiring it could function like a hot water bottle. You would soak the suit in hot water and it stays warm for several hours.
    3. I agree, I imagine it would get bulky because it would surround your body/limbs in water. I wonder if you should just invent some kind of robot that has a water tank. The user can swim/float in the tank and the robot's arms and legs somehow connect to the user's mind and can walk/use arms and hands and complete tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I'm not sure if I would use it regularly, but it would be a cool thing to try out at least.
    2. I don't know how the wiring could work, but I think there would be the issue of getting all wrinkly after sitting in water for so long. Would having a layer between the skin and water defeat the purpose or still be soothing enough?
    3. I'm envisioning the Lady GaGa bubble suit. http://www.starprivate.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lady-gaga-bulles.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though it would look outrageous and would most likely never be worn outside of a household, would you sport one?

    Yes, yes, and yes. I've actually imagined this exact product and truly wish it existed. I would certainly wear around the house, maybe to bed on occasion. The way I imagine it, it's not necessarily wet.. but just the pressure of water within the suit.

    I’m thinking about controlled heating within the suit, any suggestions on how the whole get up could be wired?

    Hearing the words wired and water makes me less excited. Something involving zero technology would be ideal. Perhaps you could just fill it with hot or cold water.

    I envisioned the suit as being kind of ugly and bulky, but there must be a way to make it somewhat stylish, any thoughts?

    I don't mind bulky, but I would love it to be cute (not necessarily stylish). Like a snow suit. Maybe soft on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) I am not sure if I would purchase one, but it would be a cool thing to try.

    2) This reminds me of a heated blanket. I am sure you could just wire the suit with a heating device.

    3) Maybe it is the pattern on the suit. I could see this being very vintage and like louisa said, maybe resembles a snow suit.

    ReplyDelete