Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Occipital Lobe (R)

To start off the Occipital Lobe sits at the back of the brain.
Picture

The Occipital Lobe is in charge of visual processing. It identifies and differentiates shapes and color from one another. This is also how we understand letters (because after all, they are just shapes).

From what I understood is that the right and left parts of the occipital lobe do the exact same thing unlike other parts of the brain. 

For my observation, I was looking at my Polaroid camera. Thinking with this part of the brain I focused on shapes and colors. My main thinking was "What does a polaroid look like using only visual information".


This is the shape that I ended up using and then carving into a block stamp.

I then printed this image onto a polaroid I had taken of my cat (with expired film so that is why the image is a little distorted). In the end, I ended up stamping it 6 times to create a pattern.


(the craft is a little off due to the surface being slippery and not porous like paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment